“Everyone who was willing and whose heart moved them came and brought an offering to the Lord.” (Ex 35:21)
Dear Winchester Vineyard Family,
Over the last couple of weeks we have been sharing some of the challenges currently facing us as a church. Financially, there is a significant shortfall in our general income for 2019 as well as an urgent need to replace our flat roof, ideally before the Winter, to avoid further damage.
Through the summer as leaders we have been praying and listening to God about this situation. As well as the obvious financial needs, we feel challenged to respond by strengthening our prayer life and by investing in relationships and community. We fully intend to press into both of these areas over the next few months.
But specifically in response to the financial challenge, we are holding a special ‘Heart Offering’ on Sunday 29 September. This is a one-off opportunity for the church family to give over and above regular tithes to help alleviate the current situation. We obviously don’t know how much will come in, but for your guidance, our plan is to firstly give away 10% to Mission, and then after that;
- £30K will replace the deficit in 2019 budget
- £60K will replace the roof
- £75K will finish phase 2 & 3 of the building project (kitchen & sanctuary)
The trustees will decide how best to allocate the money early in October, when we have a clearer picture of what has been given.
How you can give:
- Give by cash or cheque on the day – use the envelopes available
- Give by bank transfer to our account – use the ref: HEARTOFFERING+your surname
- Pledge to give before Christmas – fill in the pledge forms available
- If you are a tax payer, then adding Gift Aid significantly increases your gift.
- If you are NOT already a registered giver with the church, please fill in a GA form.
- If you are not around on Sun 29th, please send any gifts or pledge forms into the office this next week.
God does not NEED our money but he WANTS our hearts!
We know that God is a God of provision with access to all the resources we could ever need! We strongly believe that this journey as about more than just finances. We want to press into everything God has for us as a church in the next season and partner with him to see his Kingdom come & lives transformed. Please do pray about how you might be part of this adventure, and if you have any questions, feel free to be in touch.
With our love and blessing
Nigel & Jo Hemming